Location & Amenities
The Mahi Mahi Suite is located in the beautiful Black Rock Dreams building on the lower Grafton Beach Road, off the main highway. There's no noisy traffic here to distract, only the Caribbean Sea to work its magic on you. Included in the rate is a private airport shuttle with meet-and-greet provided by the manager, Gill Connelly; a welcome hamper; linen, beach and bath towels; and housekeeping services 3 days per week.
Grafton Beach is popular for swimming as the rippling sand slopes gently down to the warm, shallow water and out beyond the breakers. The beach can also be accessed via a spiral staircase leading down from the side-balcony to the beautifully landscaped garden. Shared with the other guests, the garden and a sun terrace with loungers surround the pool, which includes three connecting circles and a baby pool.
For fine dining and the very best of wines, the Suite is only a 2-minute walk from the famous ‘The Seahorse Inn’ regarded as Tobago's #1 restaurant. On the ridge behind the apartment and overlooking Stonehaven Bay is the scenic Pavilion restaurant. There is a bird sanctuary on an adjacent hill.
Just past the recently refurbished 'Buccaneer's Bar', there's a popular beachside boutique - run by local sweetheart Deanne - offering trendy keepsakes and hand-made accessories to suit every style and taste.
The happening hamlet of Pleasant Prospect is just a short distance further up the shore road. There you can find a cash stop, a small but well-stocked mini-mart, Joanne's ‘Finger Licking’ take-out of local favourites like chicken stew and callaloo, and last, but by no means least, ‘The Fish Pot’ which is a fully-licensed restaurant providing the tastiest of local and international foods in a very tropical shabby-chic setting.
More substantial supermarkets and other facilities are a short taxi ride away.
Safety and Security
Absolute safety and security cannot be guaranteed in any part of the world, even your hometown. For your peace of mind on holiday, the following hi-tech security features are incorporated into the apartment.
- If you hire a car, you will be provided with a remote control to open the entry gates into a secure underground parking area.
- You can operate the alarm system at any time of the day or night, using the keypads near the entry door and the master bedroom inside the Suite.
- Personal ‘panic’ buttons connected to an outdoor siren are provided for you and guests.
- There is an intercom between the entrance to the car park and apartment from where you can see your visitors and operate the gate.
As opposed to being on your own in a villa, at Black Rock Dreams you also have the daily assurance of the development's project coordinator living on-site with a dog, other guests who may be in the building, and Mahi Mahi's nearby agents who can be contacted using the house or mobile phone provided.
Additional services & nearby activities which can be arranged at cost with the manager in advance or as required after arrival include:
- Provisioning and/or a welcome meal
- Car rental or arrangement with local dependable driver
- Therapeutic massage treatments
- A Fab Rainforest Jeep Safari tour
- Nature & Waterfall tours with local guide
- An SOS (Save Our Seaturtles) Nesting or Hatchling Watch
- Scuba Safari Adventures with PADI School on Grafton Beach
- An all-inclusive day of snorkelling & sailing aboard ‘Island Girl’
- A day trip to Trinidad with local Birding Expert
- Full concierge services here or in Trinidad
- An in-shore or deep-water sport fishing trip with one of Tobago's best!
Full information about Tobago as a holiday destination, and on how to get to the island, can be seen on www.mytobago.info.